1886 - 1928
- In the year 1886 Richard Klinger opens up a small workshop in Vienna.
- A mere four years later, he invents the reflex level gauge.
- In 1893 the plant in Gumpoldskirchen is put into operation.
- The "KLINGERit" - a gasket ring just invented, conquers the world.
1928 - 1957
- Hubert Klinger-Lohr founds production sites in Europe and overseas.
- Expansion of manufacturing sites and build-up of an European distribution network with a 24/7 service.
- Development of PTFE sealing materials and introduction of asbestos-free sealing rings - KLINGERsil©.
- Production of large industrial-scale ball valves - Ballostar©.
1957 - 1984
- Karl Klinger forms a "KLINGERit" production site in Sidcup.
- KLINGERit-1000 a gasket ring reinforced with wire mesh, developed for head gaskets in combustion engines.
1984 - 2011
- Merger of the automative segment with the German market leader Elring.
- Opening of a new, modern production plant for large-scale ball valves as well enlargement of the R&D units in Gumpoldskirchen.
- Introduction of a revolutionary high-temperature sealing material KLINGER Quantum.
- Opening of new subsidiaries in Russia, Thailand and China.
- Group management under Heinz Scharl, Peter Müller and Christoph Klinger-Lohr.
- Strategic acquisitions in target segments. Focus on organic growth outside of Europe.
- Initialization of Group Innovation and Talent Management programs.